Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Letters from the Abyss"


Have you ever read The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis? No? Well, neither have I. And Ligonier Ministries' monthly magazine, "TableTalk", is challenging me to change that fact. In the style of The Screwtape Letters, the February issue of "TableTalk" features 26 "letters" from a senior demon to apprentice demons - instructing the apprentice demon how to tempt Christians. Hence, I feel inspired to read; I borrowed the The Screwtape Letters from my church library, and I'm all set. Would anyone else like to join me for this little adventure? It will be a casual book club of sorts... and if you don't have the time, I'm still going to read it myself... and maybe even share some thoughts along the way. According to my math, it's 4 chapters a week, but feel free to read it at your own pace. Please do comment if you're planning on reading with me.


 Does this mean I'm adding Screwtape to my "stack"? Yes. More on my crazy "stack" later. :O)

Picture Credit: Tabletalk & Google Image Search

2 comments:

  1. Well, my list of "steady reading" (to quote Molly Gibson) is already up to 35 books I want to read this year, so why not add The Screwtape Letters to my list? I'd love to read along! So are you starting with the first four chapters this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 35?! Whoot! I'm glad you're planning on joining me. Yeppers. 4 chapters this week. :D

    ReplyDelete