Monday, February 28, 2011

Winter Frolic

My Lift Ticket
This year, with the retirement of Pastor Semel, Mom and I volunteered to organize Winter Frolic. And if I do say so myself, it went well! Though others may think I was crazy (see picture below) to volunteer... (I'm not fishing for compliments. :P).

Me and Dee
Friday evening, we all met at my house for food and fellowship. It was nice to see so many old friends and make new ones...
Emily and Hannah
And Tricia's scone recipe was quite a hit!
Dee and Andrew
Saturday was great. Many of us were new to skiing, so we could all try this new adventure together. Stella and Jerry were particularly adventurous, as they hadn't planned on skiing.

Stella and Jerry
Even I skied. Gasp. Shock. Horror. It's my firm belief that the Berry children shamed me into it. :O) But, I had a marvelous time. I even made it down the mountain... once. :P
Atticus
Atticus was the life of the party on Friday and Saturday. His cheerful grin was infectious.
Aaron, Dr. Shaw, and Dee
Saturday night we all met again at my house for an evening meal... and games. (None of my pictures from Saturday turned out very well. Bummer.)
Jenga!
The "12 questions" game really reveals how much you know or understand about people. And I came in second. Yes! Pwn. Though, I'm sure I had a distinct advantage with 3 relatives playing.

Sarah and Phillip
Dee and Andrew were absolute heroes in the Powell household that weekend. Their constant service in preparation and cleanup was not unnoticed. Thank you both so much!

Happy and Tired
Can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

  1. looks like fun! And Atticus is SOOO CUTE! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad everything went well! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete