Monday, January 31, 2011

In My Future Home


I love "X" style shelves

Bookshelves aren't just for books

In my future home, I see lots of books. Shelves upon shelves of them. Theology, economics, history, literature, science, fictional tales, and a host of other topics. All waiting and wanting to be read. Mmm. I close my eyes, and I can picture it.


Look at the ceiling in this one!
However, my decorating style is... in process? Eclectic? Different? I'm not quite sure myself. Hence, I use pictures as my inspiration.
Strange and Modern

And again
Curved shelves
Like "infinity"

More "X"
Wouldn't you love to have a library with ladders?
Odd, but loveable
Just Odd
And as I organize my room today, I attempt to make it pretty and home-y with books and bookshelves.

Picture Credit: Google image search

5 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to have a bookshelf with ladders! Those picts are really cool! ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love some of them and don't like some of them! You found some new pics since the other day when we talked about them. :o)

    How do you get inside the 8 "like infinity" one???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you were brave enough to try to find more bookshelf pictures... =P

    I love the 3rd one down. I think it's my fave. I love the white and that there are more than just books on the shelves. The first pic of the X shelves is pretty awesome too. Oh, and I love the last one that is like a framed picture...

    The one that looks like a man is kinda different. I don't see him going well in your room, dear... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both the white bookshelves! The built in desk on the first white one is really neat. Doesn't it just begged to be sat at? A person would have to be perfectly happy sitting beneath all those books; it would be the perfect place to study! (Well, second only to a large window seat.) And I love the one with the ladders!

    Second favorites would have to be the framed shelves and the "Library of Congress" looking one. They're both really neat, too.

    And I find myself unexpectedly liking some of the X shaped ones, although they completely conflict with my very traditional/cottage-y sense of perfectly homey decorating...

    You didn't share Mic's bookshelves! Aren't they your favorites? Or at least the ones that got you thinking about how varied and cool bookshelves can be? (It is Mic, right? Or at least something close? I've not seen the show only heard you talk about him...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kelsie, I have no idea how to get into the "infinity." Major design flaw. :P

    @Kiri, You're right. I didn't share Mick's bookshelves. The pictures of his weren't great quality. And the other "X" shelves are practically the same. :O)

    ReplyDelete