Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wannabe Hair


Confession: I can't french braid hair. Yes, it's true. Having no sisters, I didn't practice with other's hair... And I was always "too busy" with other activities to practice with my own. However, with the popularity of The Hunger Games movie, many of my friends are sporting Katniss' braid. And being somewhat fashion illiterate, I look to my friends for tips. So, I decided to try it.

Browsing a HG fan-site, I stumbled upon this hair website and her several Katinss-hair tutorials. With trepidation, I attempted her original Katniss braid. And after several fits and starts, I achieved this result:

While it's certainly NOT perfect, I was excited that I tried it and it worked! There is more practice in my future...

2 comments:

  1. *cough* I, uh, can't actually french braid/braid normally my hair. It's too short now, obviously, except for maybe a weird looking french braid in short hair, but I never could even when my hair was down to my waist. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin good! I should practice side Dutch braiding....

    ReplyDelete