Monday, April 9, 2012

Les Misérables

Les Misérables is one of the most profoundly Christian stories I have ever heard. Weaved throughout the whole is a message of mercy, forgiveness, and a home in heaven with our God. I've loved it since I saw the musical performed on Broadway almost four years ago, and it amazes me every time I watch it. 

Which is why I was delighted to discover that the musical will be making a big screen debut this December. Hugh Jackman and Russel Crowe are set to play the roles of Jean Valjean and Javert, respectively. There are no words. *grins* Unfortunately, this is the only photo I've been able to find online... Just a peek of what is to come!
Jean Valjean

3 comments:

  1. Laura, I can't believe it's been 4 years since we saw Les Mis together! That was such a fun trip. I remember feeling like we'd hit the jackpot when Claire came back with those tickets. She couldn't have picked a better show for our group! -Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russel Crowe and Hugh Jackman? Sounds amazing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laurel! I know! It seems like yesterday and like a long time ago at the same time. A funny paradox. I'm so glad that you all invited me to go with you to NYC! Les Mis was definitely one of the highlights for me. :)

    Some friends and I watched the 25th Anniversary Concert edition this evening. While I was initially disappointed that Nick Jonas was cast as Marius, the concert didn't disappoint. Even Nick Jonas. It wasn't the Broadway Musical, but I loved it all the same. "One Day More!" :)

    Kelsie, I'm just a little excited. ;) I just hope it doesn't come out the same day as The Hobbit. Though, I suppose I could go see them both...

    ReplyDelete