Saturday, April 7, 2012

Booklist: March 2012

In March, I had the pleasure of reading many compelling and fun books. I finally fell down the rabbit hole with Alice and discovered the adventures waiting there. Now the phrase "Curiouser and curiouser" springs my lips often. Alice in Wonderland is much like The Phantom Tollbooth in its use of puns, while not quite as humorous as the latter. Lies Women Believe is both encouraging and convicting by turns. The chapters about God, self, and family were particularly good! I would heartily recommend it. I would regale you all with more thoughts about dystopia, but I've blogged about it once. There are more blog posts on the way... and you're probably tired of hearing about it... *grins*

March 2012
9. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
10. Lies Women Believe: and the Truth that Sets them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
11. Divergent by Veronica Roth
12. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
13. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
14. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

4 comments:

  1. I'm assuming the numbers are how many books you've read this year? My goodreads thing says I'm 4 books behind. bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. You have an interesting variety of genres on your "read" list. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm giving you the blog award! Check out my blog to find out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you're right, Kelsie. I decided to number the books this year to make it easier to keep track of them. :)

    Grace, yeah. I guess I do. Did you mean my currently reading list or my completed list?

    Thanks, Ana!

    ReplyDelete