Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Evangelia's Birthday Trip

Noah, Maggie, and Evangelia (Back row L to R)
Jude (Front Row)
Last month, I had the opportunity to take a weekend trip with one of the most delightful families I know. The occasion? Evangelia's birthday!
Silly Car Photos
With out much ado (or perhaps a LOT of "to do." I was quite excited. =), we set off to visit the Clay Center of Charleston.
Building a dam out of sand
Never having been to the Clay Center, I was expecting a place where you made pottery. Or at least played with clay, as is more likely in my case. Thankfully, I googled it the night before.
Getting our hand dirty
The Clay Center is a smaller version of the Carnegie Science Museum of Pittsburgh. It has exhibits and interactive materials to teach children science.
Waiting for it to spout
And I could immediately see why the children love it. This was a place where the floor could be covered with water, and no one would think anything of it. Literally!
Maggie
Answering many of the questions during the demonstration, the kids definitely showed their homeschool education. I was so proud of them!
And I couldn't help but laugh at their reaction to modern art. Yes, they definitely understand the concept that good art should demonstrate true beauty. 
If we had taken a vote, the favorite room would have been the one with the most interactive exhibits.
Between rope and pulleys, water cohesion, lasers...
a digital harp, motion capture filming, etc, it would have definitely been the winner.
More of the abstract art. Justly named, "The pile of junk." Tee hee hee.
And to top it all off, a Mexican dinner with a happy birthday song. Eva was definitely surprised. After a full day on Saturday, we had the pleasure of worshiping with Trinity OPC on the Sabbath. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures. =(
Monday, I was back at the kid's house. And who wouldn't be with smiles like that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment