Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Cheer

Mrs. Welsh's gingerbread cookies are a delightful, Christmas treat. Unlike traditional gingerbread cookies, these cookies are soft. Yummy! And I couldn't wait to bake them (again) with the Noah, Maggie, Evangelia, & Jude.
Jude and Maggie
For cookies, we needed icing. Mixing up a batch of homemade icing is more fun with little hands to help. And little tongues were eager for the beaters!
Darth Vader cookies! Oh, yeah!
My good friend, Claire, gave me Star Wars cookie cutters last year. Today, I used them for the first time. And the kids loved them as much as I do. Christmas just isn't Christmas without Yoda! Thanks so much, Claire. :)
 Do you recognize any more Star Wars characters on this cookie sheet?
 By the time we were ready to decorate the cookies, the girls were still excited...
But the boys had reached their limit. After all, there were battles to win and wars to wage. :)
Yes, a "delicious" afternoon with some of the sweetest kids I know.

2 comments:

  1. Star Wars cookies cutters!
    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! I need to get some Christmas baking done... :o)

    ReplyDelete