Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Day at the Nursery

In preparation for landscaping, gardening, etc. my parents and I needed to buy plants...
So, setting off in the ugliest tennis shoes known to man, I traveled with my parents to a nearby greenhouse.
Have any of you ever added Dandelion greens to your salads? Apparently, they are very good for you, and this greenhouse had a field of them. :O)
Mmm. Tomatoes. Cabbage. Onions. Yummy! This summer's vegetable salad is going to be delightful, if God blesses our garden.
At the nursery, vegetables weren't the only attraction. There were beautiful flowers!
Don't you agree?
The daisies reminded me of Emma.
"I don't think we should keep daisies in the garden, they really are a drab little flower." Tee hee hee.
Though, I think these beauties could have persuaded me to take them home.
To be perfectly honest, though, I wasn't there to look at the flowers.
I was there for the herbs. I'm branching out - trying to grow (no pun intended ;)... and learn new skills. Like herb gardening.
More blog posts on my herb garden will be forthcoming - start preparing yourselves. Whoot? :O)
Obviously, this trip was successful.

3 comments:

  1. Your herb garden looks really nice. But George thinks you need some catnip... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the big orange flowers! I forget what they are called, but they're really pretty. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to bring you that catnip last weekend, but it completely slipped my mind. Oops! I'll try to remember it Saturday morning.

    I'm glad you all had a good trip! I loved seeing your new "babies"! Hopefully, next year we won't have a scheduling conflict. We'd love to tag along!

    By the by, did you bring home blueberry bushes?

    ReplyDelete