Monday, May 2, 2011

Mystery May

Confession: I've never liked really liked Mystery stories. (Insert loud, dramatic GASP here.) Sure, I've read Nancy Drew. And I even enjoyed it. But, the serious, adult, literary significant works? Ew. Yes, that's been my attitude toward mystery for quite some time. "Sherlock Holmes?", you ask. Sure, I read him during my early years of high school (maybe junior high?), but I despised him. While my brother followed almost every adventure of the brilliant sleuth and his loyal friend, Watson,  I cringed at the thought of spending time with a character I considered an insufferable, know-it-all. Ha!

Seriously though, mystery has never been my cup of tea... But I hope that can change.

Thus, I plan to read mysteries. Lots of them. And I'm inviting you to join me.

Read Along: MYSTERY MAY. 

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to read mystery stories all month long (Whatever you choose). And maybe I'll inspire you to comment on my updates or blog about it yourself! Please feel free to share what your reading and thoughts! Or even link back to this post and share the idea with your friends.

Just a few suggestions to get you started...
  • Agatha Christie
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Father Brown
M.M. has been on my mind for a few weeks, and I'm very excited to start!! Especially to read my first, full-length Sherlock Holmes novel. The BBC radio drama has inspired me to actually enjoy Sherlock. :O) And I can't wait to see the ideas you all have!

Picture Credit: Google Image Search

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delightful! But I'm not sure how much we own of those... Looking forward to summer Nancy Drew! :o)

    (my bees came today!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to do Mystery May with you! I even posted about it on Story Girl! So what mysteries have you devoured so far? :)

    ReplyDelete