Saturday, April 9, 2011

All the [Living Room's] a Stage

2011 MECHE Skits
For the third time, we gathered to write, practice, and perform skits for our homeschool moms. We had a blast! And it seems our program gets more elaborate each year.
"Locomotion"
I taped signs all around my room, the hall, and my brother's room -- to direct the actors and stagehands (i.e. ALL of us) what to do and when. :O)
Happy faces at our last practice!
Hannah
Amy
Emily and Kelsie
What does backstage look like?
Costume piles. Props. Scripts. General Randomness.
Good question. See above. :P
1st Skit - MECHE: Take 3
Once the skits begin, there is no going back!
Hannah and Kelsie
But, thankfully, with some prayer and encouragement, we come out the other side smiling! And the moms kindly support us and laugh.
Josh
Me, Emily, and Hannah
So don't I look ready for my next skit?
Skit: Overzealous Mom
Clearly, I was just practicing my facial expressions.
Backstage during the performance (Can you see all the props??)
While there were a few skits with just a few of us, some skits required most, if not ALL the cast...
Skit: Homeschooling Through the Ages
The Hippies from HTTA
Isn't Dee's expression great?
Skit: Homeschooling on the Roof
Yes, the above is a spoof of "Fiddler on the Roof" homeschool style. :P
Jake, Keely, & Daniel
Keely, with her backup guys, did a great version of "Help Me, Rhonda!"
But Keely doesn't just sing...
Our "boy" band
She also plays a mean tambourine in our homeschool version of "I'm a Believer."
Isn't the above picture hilarious? I <3 it!
Josh, Daniel. Jake, & Emily
Our favorite MECHE talk-show: One and Two.
After all that work, the boys do need an outlet. :P

Thanks moms for the love you give! And thanks to all the other kids who put in time and effort to make the skits fun!

7 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures Laura!!
    I had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look hilarious! I hope you videotaped them. If you did, you should totally put them on YouTube. Looks like too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! Now we need to host the cast party to see them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos, Laura! Oh, yeah, Kelsie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's exactly what I was thinking, Kelsie! I LOVE the pictures Laura. :D Thanks for sharing! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are fun and the skits were even more fun. You all put so much work into all of that. Great job! I had a very enjoyable evening watching them. :)
    Julie Jones

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cast, I'm so blessed to work with all of you!

    @Olivia, Thanks! It was fun. The last practice day, I was SO tired - I couldn't stop laughing!

    @Mrs. Jones, It thrills my heart to hear that you enjoyed them! After all, the moms are the ones for whom we do it.

    ReplyDelete