Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And then to KY

My grandfather and I decided to take a trip to visit some family in Kentucky. And thus, we were off!
 We took turns driving...
My "familiar pile of dirt" *wink*
Traveling down the road and back again, we listened to Sherlock Holmes, music, and a sermon. We discussed family history, the faith, and current events.

The drive was beautiful! 
Once in Kentucky, I hardly made moments for pictures. For we were talking, laughing, reading, sharing stories and memories, and having a blast!

 Every trip to KY, we visit the graves of relatives who have passed on before us.
Saturday night, the full moon was lovely! And I tried to take a photo, but it didn't turn out very well. :( Bummer!
Aunt Marion, Uncle Don, Donna, Grandpa, & Aunt Esther
After a delightful weekend of food, fellowship, and games, we had to leave. So with lots of hugs and well-wishes, we were off again. "Off home."
Yum!
 But, we made SO many stops on the way home. Starbucks. Dairy Queen. It was obnoxious. And tasty!
Grandpa and I had such a good visit! Our relatives are such gracious hosts. Though, one of the best parts about a trip is coming home, and it's good to be home. :O)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! (I love the dirt pile!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have ya back! I missed JA club while you were gone...

    I love the self portrait of you on your way there. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete