Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"A Truly Good Education"

I debated with myself for a little while over the title of this post. "Ignorance and Want" was defeated. In the end, the above title is more appropriate... as perhaps my story will demonstrate.


I was walking through the parking lot of a big box store when I spotted it. It was beautiful. Accurate. And concise. The very best bumper sticker I had ever seen, and I wanted it. It stared me in the face and said, "A Truly Good Education is Never Finished." <3 it!
The more I learn, the more I realize how ignorant I am. The more I read, the more I realize how few books I have read... and how many more I must read. It is one of my greatest wishes to be "truly [educated] well." This is a lifelong process; it never ends. Sometimes, I despair, and other times the idea thrills me. How small are minds are compared to the mind of God! Yet, in His grace, He gave us minds to use and exercise. It is my prayer that I may use mine to fullest extent of my ability. I also want to encourage you to do the same. It is too easy to become complacent; we should fight against lethargy. Shall we spur each other on to greater heights? In our discussions? Etc.?


In the spirit of being well-educated, whatcha think? *winks*

Picture Credit: Google Image Search

No comments:

Post a Comment