Thursday, August 9, 2012

Nugget T-Shirts

The girls and I dreamed of making "Nugget" t-shirts ever since the MECHE skits... "Wouldn't it be fun to wear them to the beach?" Swiftly agreement was reached that said "Nugget" t-shirts would be a group project. Any excuse to get together, right?

The week before the beach trip, we gathered at the Kincell home for the big moment... But how exactly does one print on a t-shirt? In my ignorance, I was planning to write free-handed on my t-shirt. Kiri, however, was more practical. And stencils were printed. 
Step 1: Print stencils and cut the letters out.
Step 2: Pose for picture with your new stencil. (Check!)
Step 3: Secure stencil to t-shirt. (Scotch tape worked well.)
Step 4: Paint two coats of black paint over the letters.
Step 5: Wait 10 minutes and peel off stencil (This was done with much trepidation! ;)
Step 6: Wear aforementioned "nugget" t-shirts to the beach and take pictures. (Double Check!)
And lots of smiles for all.
What would a "nugget" t-shirt photo op be without a foot picture?
I love the background of this photo; my hair became entangled in Dee's clip... Memories!

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to ask Hannah about the nugget reference. :) What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good times, good times. Makes me wanna sing "what makes you beautiful" haha

    ReplyDelete