Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Book List 2011: July

In our time, the state of children's and teen's literature is shameful (and shocking!). Often to read a quality children's book, you have to find one published awhile ago... Children's books can be a whimsical respite from my schedule of challenging, adult reading.

In addition to reading children's lit last month, I made time to read Louis L'Amour. L'Amour, known for his westerns, captures the American cowboy perfectly. My great-grandfather and grandma loved Louis L'Amour. Although he is not likely to become one of my favorites, it was a treat to read an author so beloved by my family.
July 2011
West of the Tularosa by Louis L'Amour
Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize Fantastic Mr. Fox was a Roald Dahl book. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like it. Some of the worldview was askew, but overall, a cute read. :)

    ReplyDelete